© Sony Corporation
This version built in direct response to the pandemic, introduces remote patient observation with new recording functionalities for use in the operating room (OR), Intensive Care Units (ICU), endoscopy suites, interventional rooms or anywhere else in the hospital. Developed in consultation with leading surgeons and with vendor neutrality in mind, Nucleus guides clinical staff through the planning, recording and sharing of any type of video, still images and other patient-related data. Seamlessly linking devices, applications, video and most importantly, people, Nucleus focuses on hospital staff requirements and use cases, adding value to imaging workflows.
In the wake of the global pandemic we have helped hospitals and healthcare providers reinvent their workflowsLudger Philippsen
As of today, Nucleus has been enhanced with new functionalities and features, including improved bi-directional telestration allowing multiple remote users to simultaneously annotate, draw or highlight areas of interest in a live stream video. This can be shared by viewers in all locations to discuss as a group in real time, ideally suited to socially distanced set-ups. In addition, new recording functionalities have also been added as a core use for Ear, Nose and Throat, Urology, Obstetrics and Ophthalmic as well as Outpatient/Ambulatory Surgical Centers (ASC) and private practice uses, including plastic surgery, colorectal and more.
"Sony is committed to developing Nucleus to suit the needs of the patient and medical staff at all times. The remote patient observation is a good example of this as it was brought in to help hospitals manage day-to-day requirements through the Covid-19 pandemic," explained Ludger Philippsen, head of Healthcare at Sony Professional Solutions Europe. "In the wake of the global pandemic we have helped hospitals and healthcare providers reinvent their workflows, providing medical staff with the tools they need to continue delivering excellent patient care."
New functionalities include:
- Mosaic Video Wall, presenting video streams from image sources in multiple ORs and ICUs simultaneously on a single display, thus providing a situational overview of activity in a tiled or mosaic format.
- An iPad Streaming function, allowing clinical staff to access images from any modality via an iPad in virtual real time within the OR, so medical staff can follow the intervention on their handheld device.
- High quality 4K conversion, allowing any HD resolution video content to be converted 4K using advanced resolution-augmentation algorithms superior to conventional upscaling, giving a crisp ultra-high resolution view of converted video footage.
- Customizable Expanded Patient Distraction - helping to reduce patient anxiety through music tracks and video imagery that can be played in the OR to create a more relaxing and comfortable atmosphere.
- Patient Time-Out Functionality, featuring checklists that simplify time out of safety standards at the start, during and end of an operation.
- Enhanced Printing capabilities, allowing hard copies of still images captured by NUCLeUS to be created inside the OR using an optional UP-DR80MD A4 digital colour printer. The Auto Print function also extends CMS (Content Management System) print functionality to collect a preconfigured number of stills, printing them automatically when this number of images has been captured.
- Full compatibility with the latest Sony PTZ and fixed cameras including HD and 4K models
Source: Sony Corporation