Designed for stationary, portable use and telemedicine applications, the MCU is a stand alone multi-devices examination system operated and controlled by a specifically configured tablet-PC.
The company reports that the MCU introduces what is believed to be the first interoperable PC based platform that enables the interfacing of bio-signal sensors from different source origins, while creating a homogeneous electronic medical record that can be reviewed and transported anywhere.
‘The Mobile Care Unit is also said to be a breakthrough in telemedicine and e-health, representing the most affordable Office Call Centre with user-friendly remote functionalities; all users of MCU systems can communicate to each other and exchange clinical data – send and receive – on a secure environment,’ TMA Medical adds. ‘Installed on a personal computer, the MCU software enables a remote diagnostic in real-time operation and a second opinion specialist for examination or review.
New in the MCU
TMA points out the following benefits:
- The MCU software manages all devices and assures the following functions: guidance to the (user) doctor, easy interaction based on touch screen and help; acquisition of sensor signals, signal shaping, noise filtering, artefact elimination, storage for evaluation; evaluation of signal cycles (e.g. heart pulse, SPO2, respiration loop); evaluation of personal data limits, assistance to interpretation of lung function, ECG … examinations; receiving and transmission functionalities of the data; user-friendly PC based devices with the MCU tablet PC; and calibration facilities for medical sensors.
- The MCU is a portable telemedicine platform; fully controlled with a user-friendly tablet-PC; touch screen commands of all examination; open environment to most diagnostic devices in the market; customisable platform to client requests; data security – closed system; remote access – export/
import data functionalities; remote access service – remote training/support/ update; and closed system – no misuse, no uncontrolled hardware or software changes possible.
- Possible examination configurable available on the MCU include: 12 lead ECG – high end ECG with interpretation and measurements; non-invasive blood pressure; pulse oximetry (SPO2) - Oximeter and sensor in one; Spirometer - ATS standard; screening audiometer; blood test monitor (total cholesterol, HDL cholesterol, triglycerides, glucose, and ketones); X-ray image viewer; digital images library – picture capture functionality (from a digital camera or USB stick option); urine analysis – 11 parameters (bilirubine, ketones, glucose, blood, nitrite, density, urobilinogen, ascorbic acid, protein, pH value and Leucocytes); and automated haematology interface; Semi Automatic Defibrillator and Ultrasound scan possibilities.
- All the medical devices are PC-based and comply with the clinical standard and CE regulations.
- The MCU also can be interfaced with most of existing telemedicine platforms.
- The unit already exists in several configurations and can be customised for B2B, OEM or specific client or project requests.
TMA Medical is currently looking for distributors, partners or investors to expand the Mobile Care Unit introduction worldwide.
Telephone contact: +43 6991 3688064