Image source: Greiner Bio-One (GBO)
If a health sector employee falls ill with a bloodborne illness, the cause is often a previous injury from a sharp, contaminated object. Direct blood-to-blood contact, such as with an NSI, is one of the recurring causes of infection. It isn’t possible to vaccinate against HIV, for instance, and the consequences of an infection remain fatal.
The cause of a needlestick injury can include a mechanical failure of the safety mechanism, incomplete activation or improper use by the user. However, there are varying degrees of technical development of the products to avoid these sorts of malfunctions. It is particularly important that the correct handling of the products is practiced and to always be careful when dealing with contaminated objects.
The best safety level possible thanks to products from Greiner Bio-One
Greiner Bio-One carries a wide range of safety products to give you the best protection possible from bloodborne diseases caused by an NSI.
SAFETY Blood Collection Sets
The SAFETY Blood Collection Set has been specially developed for patients with difficult vein conditions, but is equally suitable for any regular blood taking situation, due to the gentle comfort it provides to a patient. As the protection mechanism is activated whilst the needle is still in the vein, a high level of safety is ensured. Correct activation via retraction is indicated by an acoustic signal. Protect yourself and your employees from the risk of needlestick injury. Every needlestick injury is one too many.
It can be used for blood collection or infusion for up to five hours.
- The transparent view window provides clear vein entry indication.
- Assorted tube lengths offer more flexibility for blood collection.
As a practical combination product, the SAFETY Blood Collection Set is also available pre-assembled.
SAFETY Blood Collection Set + Luer Adapter
- Pre-attached set with Luer adapter in sterile blister pack
- Handling is optimised
SAFETY Blood Collection Set + Holder
- Pre-attached set with holder in sterile blister pack.
- No threading necessary.
- A practical, ready-to-use solution that saves time.
SAFETY Blood Collection Set + Blood Culture Holder
- Pre-attached set with Blood Culture Holder in sterile blister pack.
- Designed for use with most commonly used blood culture bottles and VACUETTE® blood collection tubes in one procedure.
- The set is sterile and pre-assembled for convenience, cost effectiveness and ensures your patient only has to undergo one venipuncture for all procedures.